How to Distribute Your App
Your app is built, now what do you do?
In this section, we will walk you through the process of using MOTAR to distribute your existing application, including how to connect your app to LMS. This demo will also walk you through the process of distributing your application to the Government Personnel.
At the end of the process you will be able to:
- Add your app to MOTAR
- Connect your app to the MOTAR Training (LMS)
- Make your app discoverable to the Government Personnel
You will need to have an account with Studio access.
- 2.Create a new Sandbox App.
- 3.Please note that the Authentication and Profile permission scopes were added by default.
- 4.If connecting to LMS, include Training and Leaderboard permission scopes.
- 5.Add additional information as needed.
Proceed to the next set of steps to test authentication and permissions. If you do not need to connect your app to LMS, skip the next set of steps and proceed with releasing your app.
- 1.Set up Sandbox Users. We will use sandbox users to test authentication and permissions.
- 3.Implement APIs and test authentication with sandbox users.
- 4.Use Lighting Database API to store data and debug with Data Browser.
- 5.Auto Auth (auto-login without the user having to reenter their username and password).
- 6.Use a sandbox user who has instructor permissions to log in to the MOTAR sandbox.
- 8.Now log in as a student and verify that the student learning data is being properly reported.
- 1.Go to Distribution.
- 2.When you are ready to release your app, add your app to Production.
- 3.Switch your API endpoint to api.motar.io.
- 4.Notify your MOTAR administrator and wait for your app to be approved.
- 5.Once you have received a notification that your app has been approved, make your app more accessible by adding your app to the Community listing.
- 7.Your app is now discoverable.