The MOTAR Instructor Dashboard requires "Instructor" permissions set by a MOTAR Admin
- Instruct Classes
- View real-time student progression
- Review student performance
- Grade “Instructor-graded” lessons
- Launch and execute “hands-on” lessons
- Can view student’s performance dashboard
- Transfer, Dis-enroll, or Suspend a student
- Can view student notes
- Can add Instructor notes
- Clean student scores
- View Student Journey Map
As an instructor, this is your main dashboard to view course and student stats. When logged in as an Instructor, the training cube in the top navigation is green (as a student it displays blue).
Class Task performance can be seen when selecting a course from the drop-down menu from the Instructor Dashboard. Instructors can also view how students perform relative to each other in a class or on an individual basis.
Instructors can view ALR Badge Assertion data from the Class Task performance view. Clicking on the badge icon to the right of the user's name will launch a "Badge Assertions" modal.
Certificates can be created from the Instructor Dashboard. Certificates are assigned to a specific course and the details include the Certificate Name, active period in days, and a description of the certificate.
- 1.Select the course in the Course Name dropdown.
- 2.Select the plus icon to the left of Create New Certificate to create a certificate for the selected course.
- 3.Populate the Certificate Name, Expiration, and Description.
- 4.Select "Done" to create the certificate.
- 1.Select the course in the Course Name dropdown.
- 2.Select the pencil icon to the right Certificate to edit a certificate for the selected course.
- 3.Modify the Certificate Name, Expiration, and/or Description.
- 4.Select "Done" to complete editing the certificate.
Certificates created for a course can be assigned to the instructors of the course.
- 1.From the Course page, navigate to the Users tab.
- 2.Select the desired Class and Version of the course from the dropdowns.
- 3.Select the plus icon to the left of "Add Another" under the Certificates column of the Instructors section.
- 4.In the pop-up window, select the radio button to the left of the certificate(s) being assigned to the instructor.
- 5.Select the "Assign" icon to complete assigning the certificate to the instructor.
Certificates can be used to filter the selection of an instructor for a class and version of a course.
Certificates can be used to filter the selection of an instructor for a task.
An instructor can view a detailed summary of student progress on the Instructor's view of a Student Dashboard.
xAPI statements passed from XR applications to a specific lesson module, allow for an instructor to view the progress of students. Lesson modules can also be scored as pass/fail or have a % scoring.
Assessments scores, reattempts, the time it took to complete, and scores can be viewed on assessments.
The question and the student's answer can be seen by clicking on the X or checkmark.
To better understand how a student completed the course, a sequential progress map can be viewed. The xAPI statements get translated into easy-to-read icons as well.
As an instructor, you can view a user-details page by selecting a student in a class. If any quiz scores or xAPI statements need to be edited, instructors have the ability to do so by clicking Edit.
Below is an example of an auto-reported statement after this user viewed a video module. The instructor "joshua-dev" deleted a statement.
When clicking edit to begin the deletion this pop-up will confirm the action with the user.
After clicking confirm you will see an "X" next to the xAPI statement. When this UI is pressed it will present another confirm action modal. After confirming the xAPI statement will update to say "17:10:59 User @instructor account deleted a statement."
- Create a course
- Add students to a course
- Create course content through learning modules
- Edit course details
You will need the Course Manager permission to edit courses and student training content.
Instructors can generate reports of student progress on the reports page pictured below.
User-created reports will export as a .csv file.
When creating a report, the user will be required to select a course. The select course section will display courses where the user holds the following permissions:
After selecting a course click
NEXTto move on. The next step is class selection, the UI below will show all classes found in the
The instructor has two export options for class information "Select all Students" or Select Individual Students."
After clicking next the user will be pushed to the
STUDENTSUI, shown below.
The dropdown shown allows the user to choose between exporting
lastattempt from selected modules.
After downloading the completed report, the user will now see the report listed under
Create and manage tasks in one place. Tasks can be created for the instructor user logged into MOTAR and the students assigned to their courses. Tasks can be created, viewed, modified, archived, and restored from Tasking. To learn more about creating and managing tasks, check out this page.
The instructor dashboard supports a variety of screen sizes and is built to support mobile responsiveness. Access all the functionality found on the desktop, using a tablet or phone.
- Tablet Example:
- Mobile Example:
Instructor Supervisors can:
- See the Certificates section on the Instructor Dashboard.
- Create certificates.
- Re-certifies the instructors initially every year to make sure they are up to date on instructing.
- Can add students to a course
- Can add and remove instructor.
As a Class Owner, you can edit the roles of instructors within your class. Click the EDIT ROLES button, this will display the Add Supervisor Role button in the instructor table.
Click the button to update the instructor's role. Instructor Supervisors will have the SUPERVISOR tag under the ROLE column in the table.
MOTAR checks that all students/instructors have 'Use' permission for App, document, video, and audio modules.
Students that do not have permission will have a red icon next to their name showing on their missing permissions.
The user will be able to download a report by CLICKING the CREATE REPORT button. The report will include a list of users with missing permissions.
Explore these links to see what you can do as an Instructor Supervisor.